Hey Everyone,
Not much to report from Copenhagen this week just more of the same. Uni and going out, much more of the latter, selvfølgelig. But the weather has definitely improved and thus I’m riding my bike heaps more. This truly is the city of bikes. It is just so easy to ride here and everything is built for bikes; the roads, trains, metro, etc. I also found out the main reason everyone rides a bike here. The Danish government puts a 180% tax on all cars! Also you can’t just hop over to Sweden and buy a car as they have laws which make it cost a fortune to register your car in Denmark and you can only register your car in Sweden if you live there. So glad they don’t do this is Australia, I don’t think I could live without my car. (Sorry Dad I mean your car)
Also this week I was the centre of comic relief among my Danish friends as they make me pronounce Danish words which I couldn’t pronounce properly. One of their favourite words to make me pronounce was - Rød grød med fløde, which is a Danish dessert. Basically unless you are a native speaker you won’t be able to pronounce it. But I got them back though as I found a few English words which they struggled with such as hypothesis, thwart and thistle.
Another interesting thing I found out this week is what the most popular Danish TV show is at the moment, Paradise Hotel. I think they show this in Australia but from what I’ve heard and seen of the Danish version it has to be the most debaucherious version of this reality TV show. But please judge for yourselves -
I think the scariest thing about this show is not the content but that it is massively popular. Who the hell is watching this rubbish? And they are up to the 6th season. Unbelievable. Welcome to Denmark.
Finally, for those into indie music I was put onto this awesome Norwegian band called the Whitest Boy Alive. Really liking the Scandinavian music at the moment.
Take care.
Jono
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whitest Boy Alive! Saw them at a gig at the end of '08. Pretty good. Didn't know they were Norwegian though, I thought maybe German.
ReplyDelete