Saturday, September 4, 2010
Ravenna
Italy, what can you say about Italy. It has to be the best country in Europe to visit. The food, the people, atmosphere, the weather and it’s just Italy. Ravenna is just a small town on the east coast of Italy and is most famous for its beautiful mosaics, which are incredible. Also it is famous for being the capital of the Byzantine empire in the 6th century. It was incredibly hot when I was there but thankfully the beach was too far away. So I ended up cycling to the beach and when I arrived found all the Italians EXTREMELY burnt. Also no one was in the water just lying on the beach getting abnormally tanned. Really a site to see all these brown Italians lying and walking around the beach too scared to go into the water (Wish I had my camera with me). So there I the whitest guy on the beach swimming around. I’m sure they all thought I was completely nuts. Anyways Ravenna was a beautiful little town well worth the visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment