Jeg hedder Jonathan. Jeg er Australier. Jeg kommer fra en by i NSW, der hedder Sydney. Jeg kan selvfolgelig tale engelsk. Vi er 14 studerende og en læner i Klassen. Vi er 10 piger og 4 fyre så vi er 15 personer i alt.
So my Danish course is from 9-12.30 every day for 3 weeks. It has been incredibly intense and our class is conducted a lot of the time in Danish. My main difficulty with the language has been pronunciation. Not only is there sounds that in English we don’t use but the way the language is written is completely different to the way it is spoken which makes it insanely difficult. The best thing about the language course has been I’ve meet heaps of new people from all over the place including a few Australians doing law. So even though the course is tough there are heaps of people in the same position as me which makes it easier.

The other big event of the week has been moving into my apartment. I now officially live in Keops Kollegiet which is right next to Bispegjerg Station. My apartment is about 20m² and has a kitchen, bathroom and one room. It’s quite nice but I went to one of my friend’s apartment the other day it was like a palace compared to what I have and it is cheaper than my apartment. But I’m still quite happy.
The cost of living here is completely mental though. It was costing me roughly $5 (Aus) for a one way train or bus ticket. Thankfully I now have a monthly pass but it is just incomprehensible how much stuff costs here. The biggest surprise was that the beer is really cheap and so is IKEA compared to Australian standards, go figure. So it looks like I’ll be drinking and buying lots of cube furniture!

It is still really cold here. (I will probably never get over this!) It hasn’t snowed in a few days but still around -2 to -5. One amazing site is that the main river here is completely frozen. I saw heaps of people skating and walking over the river today which was incredible (I will get a photo of this and put it up just, haven’t got round to it yet).

My main bit of sightseeing for the week was visiting Christiania. This is basically a hippy commune where they have established their own little society. It has essential no laws (Except for you can’t take photos inside) and is the place to go for cheaper alcohol, jazz music and weed (For medicinal purpose only of course). It is a very weird place and is a bit like stepping back in time to the 60’s and 70’s when hippies and free love was the rage (Not that I would know of course). Other Christiania I haven’t really had a good look round the city mainly because of the hecticness of getting settled in but hopefully will be doing more sightseeing next week.

So I better go and get my Danish homework done (Yes I have homework) otherwise I won’t understand anything in class tomorrow.
Stay in touch. Farvel.
Jono
PS There are a few photos here just to show to you what Copenhagen is like. There will be definitely more photos in my next post with some of me barely surviving the elements I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment