It is freakin insane here. Stuff is happening all the time and I seem to meet new people all the time. Surprisingly alot of them are from Australia.
So this week I did alot of sightseeing. Went to the National Library which is called the Black Diamond because it looks like a black diamond, obviously. An interesting thing about the library is they actually have concerts inside. I don’t just mean a classical music concerts but rock concerts! I reckon that’s what we need to have in Australia is a rock concert inside the NSW State library. Also went to the National Museum which went through the history of Denmark from about the 1400’s. This was quite interesting especially seeing how Denmark developed into such a liberal state. Also went to the Ny Carlsberg Glypotek. This is a museum which was the brewer of the Carlsberg beer donated all his artwork to the City of Copenhagen so the people of Denmark can enjoy his collection. This is an amazing building and an amazing collection of artwork. The collection includes numerous statues, artefacts from various eras and some very famous works by Monet and Renoir.
Most of my time seems to be devoted to Danish, cooking, sleeping and food shopping. Thankfully on Wednesday got a bit of a break and cooked in the common room in my apartment building with about 30 other people and then went out to the Student House. The Student House is a bar in the centre of the city with cheap beer and is run by students. On Wednesday night it is international night and is basically just packed with international students. This was great fun but it was not fun getting up the next day and going to Danish class in the morning. But all part of the experience right?
So coming up to my last week of my Danish course and looking forward to having a week off before uni starts. So thinking of going somewhere local for a couple of days like maybe Stockholm, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Brussels or Oslo. But if you have any suggestions feel free to comment.
Also great news today got a bike and a toaster. I will put pics up of the bike but I
just got it and I really need to do a bit of Danish study as I’m way behind. I've got a Danish exam on Friday. (Can you believe that!)
Anyways take care everyone.
J
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment